An exciting opportunity for a Bursar to work over three nursery schools – St Pauls Nursery School and Speedwell/Little Hayes Federation.
37 hours per week working Monday to Friday. The post is all year round and permanent. BG9 (Actual Salary £27,852-£30,151). Job share will be considered.
We are looking to appoint an ambitious, experienced or aspiring bursar to join our small, but dynamic and busy inner-city Nursery School teams. This is a role that provides plenty of opportunity for creativity, initiative and responsibility!
The post holders ‘home base’ would be St Pauls Nursery School, an outstanding setting which also has a national role as an EYs Stronger Practice Hub, working across the region to support Practitioners and Settings to develop the very best provision for young children, particularly the most disadvantaged. They would be line managed and supported by the experienced St Pauls Business manager.
It would include travelling to 2 other Nursery Schools – Speedwell Nursery and Little Hayes Nursery in East Bristol to support their financial sustainability and planning alongside the Business Manager/Leaders/Admin Team and Governors.
We are seeking to appoint a team member who:
- Has good interpersonal and communication skills
- Takes delight in working with diverse communities and teams
- Has proven knowledge and experience of budget monitoring and forecasting
- Experience of using different budgeting and accounting software
- Experience of HR and health and safety or the willingness to learn
- Experience of sales ledger and debt management
- Is highly organised and able to complete tasks effectively
- Show initiative and is solution focused
- Is IT literate and has a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Thrives on responsibility and new challenges
- Will have ambition for our settings and partnerships
In return we can offer:
- Dynamic and inspiring leadership and staff team
- A supportive and personalised professional development programme
- Supervision, mentoring and coaching
- An inclusive ethos and environment with a focus on individual’s emotional well-being and work life support
- Opportunities to develop new systems, particular interests and expertise
- A vibrant learning community and excellent partnership working
- A leadership team who will invest in and care about your personal and professional development
Transport will be essential to travel between sites, but travel expenses will be paid
Please contact the setting for further details. Visits are highly recommended.
We encourage potential candidates to visit the settings, prior to application, to give you the very best chance of success. Please phone the centre to make an appointment.
St Pauls particularly encourages applications from suitably qualified Black and Minority Ethnic candidates and those who speak community languages, although all applications are warmly welcomed and will be considered on their merits.
Safeguarding and Child Protection is central to our work and we expect all staff to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.
You can learn more, and apply, on Eteach.