Early Years Practitioner – BG5, permanent
- To work with our 3-4 year olds who access extended nursery provision.
- The hours for this post are: Monday to Thursday 12.30pm-5.30pm term time only with the option of all year round
This post has developed as a result of the success of our wraparound provision in our Nursery School many more families are now choosing to buy back extra session with us.
St Pauls Nursery School and Children’s Centre is a Centre of Excellence for under 3s and been designating as a National Teaching School. In this role we work right across the city hosting visitors, developing training and working alongside practitioners from others settings to develop the very best provision for our under 3s.
We pride ourselves on the exceptional quality of personalised provision provided for our youngest children – which holds their emotional well-being central to all we do.
We are looking for a practitioner who:
- Has energy and passion for young children and their families
- Is able to empathise, show compassion, understand and express feelings
- Is solution focused and open to new challenges
- Has the interpersonal skills and warmth to build authentic and respectful relationship with our children, families, team and community
- Can share their own learning and inspire learning in others
- Understands the importance of accountability and are able to evidence the impact of their work
- Enjoys responsibility and has leadership aspirations
- Enjoys having fun and thinking anything is possible!
In return we can offer:
- A committed and highly experienced team with learning at the heart of all they do
- Supportive and challenging CPD opportunities for the team
- Supervision, mentoring and coaching
- A warm and inclusive environment with a focus on individual’s emotional well-being and work life support
- Opportunities to be a key person, deliver training and work in creative ways
- Opportunities to be involved in research and develop particular interests and expertise
- A leadership team who will invest in and care about your personal and professional development
- A vibrant community and excellent partnership working
Please contact the setting for further details. Visits are highly recommended.
We have a very comprehensive Covid risk assessment in place to ensure the health and safety of our nursery community, however due to the lessoning of some restrictions we do now allow and encourage visits to our setting before application. You need to get a sense of the place to see if it feel like the right working environment for you. We ask you to wash your hands, maintain social distancing and wear a face mask please.
We encourage potential candidates to visit the setting, prior to application, to give you the very best chance of success. Please phone the centre to make an appointment.
St Pauls particularly encourages applications from suitably qualified Black and Minority Ethnic candidates and those who speak community languages, although all applications are warmly welcomed and will be considered on their merits.
Safeguarding and Child Protection is central to our work and we expect all staff to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure
The closing date for all applications is Monday 13th December 2021