Family Support and Outreach Worker: Full Time, Permanent, AYR
Start date: ASAP
We are seeking to appoint an experienced, creative and innovative Family Support and Outreach worker to join our dynamic team working across the Central Bristol Children’s Centres.
The role involves work with families providing a range of Family Support including 1:1 work, delivery of groups within and beyond our Children’s Centres and Multi-Agency partnership working.
The central children’s centres are led by St. Pauls children’s centre and also includes Rosemary, The Limes, Bannerman Road, St. Philips Marsh and Barton Hill.
We are looking for practitioners who:
- Have energy and passion for families, identity and community engagement
- Are effective, empathetic and open communicators with a track record of working in effective partnership which displays mutual respect
- Are solution focused and not afraid of new challenges
- Have the interpersonal skills and warmth to build authentic and respectful relationship with our children, families, team and community
- Are committed to removing barriers to involvement and create space to reflect on individual’s personal histories
- Can share their own learning and inspire learning in others
- Understand the importance of accountability and are able to evidence the impact of their work
- Enjoy responsibility and challenge and have high standards for all
- Enjoy having fun and thinking anything is possible!
In return we can offer:
- A committed and highly experienced team with pedagogical leadership at the heart
- A supportive and challenging CPD programme
- Supervision, mentoring and coaching
- A warm, caring and inclusive environment with a focus on individual’s emotional well-being and work life support
- Opportunities to be involved in research, service delivery planning and develop particular interests and expertise
- A leadership team who will invest in and care about your personal and professional development
- A vibrant community, from which we draw so much and excellent partnership working
Central Childrens centres particularly encourages applications from suitably qualified Black and Minority Ethnic candidates and those who speak community languages, although all applications are warmly welcomed and will be considered on their merits.
Download the advert for more details. More information can also be found on eTeach.