Family Support Worker: 1 x Full Time, Permanent, AYR
Start date: ASAP
We are seeking to appoint an experienced, creative and innovative Family Support worker to join our dynamic team working across the Central Bristol Childrens Centres.
The role involves work with families providing a range of Family Support including delivery of groups within and beyond our Children’s Centres, 1:1 work and Multi-Agency partnership working.
We are looking for practitioners who:
- Have energy and passion for families, identity and community engagement
- Are effective, empathetic and open communicators with a track record of working in effective partnership which displays mutual respect
- Are solution focused and not afraid of new challenges
- Have the interpersonal skills and warmth to build authentic and respectful relationship with our children, families, team and community
- Are committed to removing barriers to involvement and create space to reflect on individual’s personal histories
- Can share their own learning and inspire learning in others
- Understand the importance of accountability and are able to evidence the impact of their work
- Enjoy responsibility and challenge and have high standards for all
- Enjoy having fun and thinking anything is possible!
In return we can offer:
- A committed and highly experienced team with pedagogical leadership at the heart
- A supportive and challenging CPD programme
- Supervision, mentoring and coaching
- A warm, caring and inclusive environment with a focus on individual’s emotional well-being and work life support
- Opportunities to be involved in research, service delivery planning and develop particular interests and expertise
- A leadership team who will invest in and care about your personal and professional development
- A vibrant community, from which we draw so much and excellent partnership working
Central Childrens centres particularly encourages applications from suitably qualified Black and Minority Ethnic candidates and those who speak community languages, although all applications are warmly welcomed and will be considered on their merits.
Safeguarding and Child Protection is central to our work and we expect all staff to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure. Job share will be considered
Please contact Michaela Willcox, Family and Community Locality Manager on 0117 9030337 for further details. Visits are highly recommended. The closing date for all applications is 12 noon on Friday 5th November 2021.
Interview date will be: Monday 15th November 2021