37 hours per week. The post is All Year Round and permanent
Start date: ASAP
We are seeking to appoint an experienced, creative and innovative Deputy Family and Community Locality Manager to join our dynamic team working across the Central Bristol Children’s Centres.
The role involves taking a lead on the area of parenting aspirations and parenting skills and developing a strategic plan for this in conjunction with the senior leadership team.
The central children’s centres are led by St. Pauls and also include Rosemary, The Limes, Bannerman Road, St. Philips Marsh and Barton Hill. We are committed to developing new services which connect, contain, inspire and engage this diverse range of communities.
We are looking for leaders who:
- Have energy and passion for children’s and families wellbeing and learning.
- Are effective, empathetic and open communicators with a track record of working in effective partnership which displays mutual respect
- Are solution focused and not afraid of new challenges
- Have the interpersonal skills and warmth to build authentic and respectful relationships with our children, families, team and communities
- Are committed to removing barriers to involvement and create space to reflect on individual’s personal histories
- Can share their own learning and inspire learning in others
- Understand the importance of accountability and are able to evidence the impact of their work
- Enjoy responsibility and challenge and have high standards for all
- Enjoy having fun and thinking anything is possible!
In return we can offer:
- A committed and highly experienced team with pedagogical leadership at the heart
- A supportive and challenging CPD programme
- Supervision, mentoring and coaching
- A warm, caring and inclusive environment with a focus on individual’s emotional well-being and work life support
- Opportunities to be involved in research, service delivery planning and develop particular interests and expertise
- A leadership team who will invest in and care about your personal and professional development
- A vibrant community, from which we draw so much and excellent partnership working
St Pauls particularly encourages applications from suitably qualified Black and Minority Ethnic candidates and those who speak community languages, although all applications are warmly welcomed and will be considered on their merits.
Safeguarding and Child Protection is central to our work and we expect all staff to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.
St Pauls Nursery School & Children’s Centre is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We particularly welcome applications from underrepresented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
You can apply, online, here.
Please contact the setting for further details. Visits are highly recommended.
The closing date for all applications is 10am Monday 10th February 2020.
Interview date will be Thursday 13th February 2020.