If you want to vote in the general election on 12 December but haven’t yet registered, there is still time to do it – just.
To vote in a UK general election you must:
- Be 18 or over on the day of the election.
- Be a British, Irish or qualifying Commonwealth citizen.
- Be resident in the UK (or a British citizen living abroad who has been registered to vote in the UK in the last 15 years).
- Not be legally excluded from voting.
- You also need to be on the electoral register. You only have to register once, but will need to re-register if you have changed your address, name or nationality since you first registered.
In order to vote in this general election you must be registered by 11:59pm on Tuesday 26 November.