Central Bristol Children’s Centre’s Outreach Worker
BG8 Full time AYR 1 year fixed contract
Start Date ASAP
Are you passionate about working in partnership with families and other agencies to ensure the best possible outcomes for children?
We are seeking to appoint an experienced, creative and innovative Outreach and family support practitioner to join our dynamic team working across the Central Bristol children’s centres.
The central children’s centres are led by St. Pauls Nursery school and childrens centre and also include Rosemary, The Limes, Bannerman Road, St. Philips Marsh and Barton Hill. We are committed to developing services which connect, contain, inspire and engage this diverse range of communities
This is a rewarding and demanding chance to work alongside families within an outreach capacity and to act as a first point of contact and guide local families into appropriate support.
You will work as part of the children’s centre team accepting referrals from a wide range of professionals for families in need of support and contributing to the delivery of child and family services within community settings and you will also work independently under the management of the senior leadership team, taking initiative in respect of family support activities that may need to be implemented to meet child, young person and family needs.
The role involves partnership work with key stakeholders including health, social services, education, parents and children/young people ensuring that relationships are trusting and open, with regular communication and clear referral routes, monitoring and feedback between agencies.
You will also attend local venues, sessions and external meetings to share information and engage families into relevant services
We are looking for practitioners who:
- Have energy and passion for families, identity and community engagement
- Are effective, empathetic and open communicators with a track record of working in effective partnership which displays mutual respect
- Are solution-focused and not afraid of new challenges
- Have the interpersonal skills and warmth to build an authentic and respectful relationship with our children, families, team and community
- Are committed to removing barriers to involvement and create space to reflect on an individual’s personal histories
- Can share their own learning and inspire learning in others
- Understand the importance of accountability and are able to evidence the impact of their work
- Enjoy responsibility and challenge and have high standards for all
- Enjoy having fun and thinking anything is possible!
In return we can offer:
- A committed and highly experienced team with pedagogical leadership at the heart
- A supportive and challenging CPD programme
- Supervision, mentoring and coaching
- A warm, caring and inclusive environment with a focus on an individual’s emotional well-being and work-life support
- Opportunities to be involved in research, service delivery planning and develop particular interests and expertise
- A leadership team who will invest in and care about your personal and professional development
- A vibrant community, from which we draw so much and excellent partnership working
Please contact Michaela Willcox Family and Community Locality manager for further details. Visits are highly recommended. The closing date for all applications is 12 noon Friday 27th September 2019. Interview date will be Wednesday 9th October 2019.
More information can be found on the Bristol City Council’s website.