Due to the expansion of our birth to 3 years provision, and staff progression we are seeking to appoint additional Early Years Practitioners to our dynamic staff team:
4 x Early Years Practitioner BG5: Permanent, FT, AYR, 37hrs per week (shift work required between 8am and 6pm) to work with our 0-3year olds.
1 x Early Years Practitioner BG5: Temporary Maternity Cover, FT, AYR, 37hrs per week (shift work required between 8am and 6pm) to work with our 0-3 year olds.
Start date: September 1st 2017
This is an exciting opportunity for newly qualified or experienced practitioners to join our outstanding, vibrant inner city Nursery School & Children’s Centre.
Come and be part of our reflective, creative, sensitive, supportive and happy staff team.
At St Pauls we strive to ensure all our children, families and staff teams feel valued, are inspired by learning and thrive in our learning community.
We hope this sounds like the sort of place you want to work in.
St Pauls is also a National Teaching School, so offers high quality professional learning and development, plays host to many visitors and is involved in developing and sharing research. All staff have opportunities to get involved in deeper level thinking.
This year is also the year we are developing our outside area into a nature space, so there are plenty of new projects to get stuck in to!
We are looking for practitioners who:
- Have energy and passion for young children and their families with a commitment to working WITH them to improving outcomes
- Are solution focused and not afraid of new challenges
- Have the interpersonal skills and warmth to build authentic and respectful relationship with our children, families, team and community
- Are committed to providing an inclusive and creative environment
- Have an enquiring mind and like new learning
- Enjoy responsibility, having fun and thinking anything is possible!
In return we can offer:
- A committed and highly experienced team with learning at the heart of all they do
- Supportive and challenging CPD opportunities for the team
- Supervision, mentoring and coaching
- A warm and inclusive environment with a focus on individualâ€™s emotional well-being and work life support
- Opportunities to be a key person, deliver training or family support
- Opportunities to be involved in research and develop particular interests and expertise
- A leadership team who will invest in and care about your personal and professional development
- A vibrant community and excellent partnership working
Please contact the setting for further details. Visits are highly recommended.
We encourage potential candidates to visit the setting, prior to application, to give you the very best chance of success. Please phone the centre to make an appointment: 0117 9030337.
St Pauls particularly encourages applications from suitably qualified Black and Minority Ethnic candidates and those who speak community languages, although all applications are warmly welcomed and will be considered on their merits.
Safeguarding and Child Protection is central to our work and we expect all staff to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to an enhanced CRB disclosure
The closing date for all applications is Wednesday 24th May 2017
Notification for interviews: Tuesday 30th May 2017
Due to the number of vacancies interviews will be held across 3 days, you will be notified of your interview schedule if shortlisted
Interview dates: Monday 5th June, Friday 9th June, and Monday 12th June, with candidates being notified of outcome by Tuesday 13th June
Further details can be found at